h e l l o . . .

“it’s me . . . “

hello word
:: Little Notes: West Heritage ::

” i was wondering if after all these years you’d like to meet
to go over everything . . . ”

adele

it seemed quite appropriate to insert “Adele ~ au currant ” into my first “hello” from my new home.

hello word 2

back in 2010, when i began blogging, the first place i opened was at WordPress. i never posted here because i discovered most of the blogs that i followed were using a more “user-friendly” site called google blogger. blogger welcomed me into an amazing worldwide connection. for that alone, i am grateful.

one day last november, nearly five years to the date that i began blogging, blogger stopped working efficiently for me. it took hours for my posts to publish. since there is little to no support at blogger, i became frustrated and nearly gave up. i read in their forum that i was not the only one experiencing the problem. i sent several requests for help. no response. no longer friendly to me.

i am a big believer in “signs”.  perhaps five years later, i received a sign to return to where i began.

it is a little more difficult to navigate here, but the support is good and helpful.

hello word 5

i plan to keep it simple. posting each friday, with a few exceptions like “breaking news”, the random i cannot wait ’til friday to share “just one pic”, or an occasional revival of a post from the past.

WP is kind of cool.  the theme i am currently using enabled me to play with imagery allowing a subtle appearance of writing on a grain sack.

words woven within images . . . the very definition of blogging.

hello word 4

now that this place is up and running, i will be back in circulation once again. thank you for listening, for your encouragement, and for following me through this transition. i hope my new home makes you feel welcome.

hello word 3

sing it!

hello from the other side!”

“at least i can say that i have tried !

. . . still on 34th street.

w / L

:: all images in this post can be found here ::

16 Comments Add yours

1. Gorgeous new digs my dear friend! How fun to hear about your journey and see your lovely new space. Yes, I’ll have coffee with cream-no sugar…. 🙂
    xx, Heather

2. Jody Gabara says:

Lynne, Looking forward to more of your inspiring posts! Love it here already!
    Hugs,
    Jody

3. leslieharrisakagwenmoss says:

Lynne I am so proud of you!! And impressed, now you’ve got me thinking about moving too. I keep hearing it’s so much harder than Blogger….but your blog looks absolutely lovely!!
    So happy you’re back!

4. Lynne, left a comment for you, but it didn’t go through. 🙂

5. I Hope my comment went through, a beautiful new journey for you and your new home.

Xx
    Dore

6. Welcome back home, yes indeed perhaps a good sign for the beauty in which is to come.
    Love your background linen and WordPress better be good to you my dear, if not another try with blogger just might clear up the issues.

Love, your very personal invite into your new home, home sweet home is what they say.
    Will be looking forward to all you create and inspire here… I have added you to my favorite bloggers list and deleted your old home.

See you soon and all the charm you create.

Xx
    Now let’s break some bread.

Xx
    Bisous

Doré

7. Looks like we are both transitioning! Love the new site, stunning, as usual. I signed up on this site so I don’t miss a post.
    -Paperyrain

8. Lynne, your new design on wordpress looks lovely. Yes, I’ll stop by every now and then, and I’ll want to see your one pic posts. Your font is just like ours. So simple and pretty.

love, ~Sheri

9. botanic bleu says:

Lynne,
    Hope your new site continues to be better for you. I’ve placed your new address on my blog roll so I don’t miss any of your posts.

Judith

10. Hello Lynne, a lovely blog you have here at wordpress. Yes, I’ll be popping in from time to time.
    Your font is just like ours. It’s simple and pretty. : )

love, ~Sheri

11. Your new home is lovely Lynne, I will be happy to follow your journey here…

12. L,

I love the fresh new look, it’s so clean and easy to read.

Linda C in Seatte

13. Gina says:

Good luck in your new home! It certainly looks lovely!

1. dreamson34thstreet says:

Thank you, Gina! So grateful you found me!

14. marcia says:

Tip: If you want non-wordpress bloggers to be able to comment too, make sure you’ve followed these steps:
    My Site
    Settings
    Discussion
    Make sure “Users must be registered and logged in to comment” is UNCHECKED
    Save Settings

voila!

15. marcia says:

Yay! Welcome to the WP! You’re gonna love it here, L.
    You’ll feel right at home in no time…promise.
    Love the new page…that bread, oh dear. 🙂
    xoxo